Flow's Annual Open House & Yoga Discussion
Please join us Sat Jan 20th at 430pm to celebrate the new year, connect with community and enjoy delicious snacks & good company. RSVP below to let us know that you are joining us --- and to enter our raffles.
We will be giving away lots of goodies including memberships, yoga mats and more plus at 5pm we will host a panel titled "Everything You Wanted to Know About Yoga But Were Afraid To Ask" moderated by our teachers!
Teacher Panel Discussion
Moderator: Laura Zam, Panel Teachers: Jonathan Ewing, Jessica Lazar, Jen Rene, Clare Kelley, Angela Cerkevich , Linda Naini
Keep the questions coming..here are some that you sent in last year, and of course there will be time to ask them live during the event too!
- What is the most important thing you've learned from practicing?
- What do you think about cultural appropriation?
- What is the best way to find a teacher? How do you check on experience & qualifications?
- How do you prepare for a yoga class? What are thee steps to planning a solid class?
- How do you zone out during savasana?
- Is it unhealthy to feel competitive/inadequate when doing yoga in a class? I usually try to stay really centered and focused, but it kinda feels like the advantage of a class is to see other people and push yourself to be as "good" as they are.
- Do you find that there is a problem with wrongful intention in the yoga community? How do you foster an intentional community?
- Can Yoga cause damage to muscles and bones?
- In the warrior poses, what aspect is most important (or integral to the pose)? For example, in warrior 1, should I be more concerned with whether my hips are square to the front of my mat or whether my feet are properly aligned?
- What do you recommend for yoga-related injury prevention?
- Sometimes I have heard teachers speak of certain poses helping to get rid of "toxins" or to aid in "detoxing." What does this mean? Is it a metaphor?
- What is the best benefit yoga has brought to your life?
- When did ritual become a commodity. Is self realization and spirituality for sale?
- Did you ever doubt you would be a good yoga instructor?
- What do you think about yoga + social media?
- How many calories typically are burned in a flow class?