Our 200-hour teacher training is recognized throughout the community for its excellence. We'd love for you to join us.
Flow's Fall 2017 200-Hour Teacher Training is sold out! Spring 2018 dates COMING SOON - Click here to be among the first to know & apply!
Flow's training is an unparalleled experience and recognized & respected throughout the area and beyond. In it's 12th year, our alumni can be found happily teaching at Flow and studios spanning the globe, working at spas, gyms, corporations and non-profit organizations, offering private one-one instruction and four have opened their own successful studios! We are proud of the celebrated reputation of our training and invite you hear directly from our graduates to give you an insider's view on their experiences.
Flow's training is transformative. There is a powerful focus on your personal development weaved throughout the experience that will give you a strong foundation, inspiration and clarity of what it means to show up fully and confidently in your own life and as a teacher. From mentorship, to opportunities to assist in Flow's classes, to meaningful relationships and a deep exploration of the full spectrum of yoga from its origins in India to its evolution into our modern urban lives- you will graduate fully prepared & supported! During the training you will using the lens of your own life and experience as the foundation for understanding yoga and taking the seat of the teacher. We will explore and integrate:
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation; applied anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body.
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts.
- Intensives including Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Bhakti, Ethics, Restorative, Pre-Natal, Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assists, Study Groups
Our curriculum is registered through the Yoga Alliance and exceeds their standards providing you with the most comprehensive and hands on training we know.
- Unlike many training programs, at Flow, the entire curriculum is presented by Flow's Senior Teaching Team. While we will occasionally include an outside special guest for an elective, we believe at the core of an excellent program is the ability to develop a personal relationship with your teachers who know your name, see you on a regular basis and care about your development and progress on the teaching path.
- The training curriculum builds intelligently week by week The curriculum has developed over twelve years with a sense of professionalism so that your investment is respected and honored. You will experience an offering filled with heart, soul and integrity.
- The majority of our training sessions include 2-3 lead teachers and assistants in the room to help deepen the experience.
- The pillars of our training are rooted in three main areas of study including personal development, teaching practicums and the body of yoga that cohesively flow together to present a unified & comprehensive program.
- All graduates have the option to assist in our popular public classes, mentor with our teachers and teach our weekly community class.
- We offer a flexible training schedule, which is perfect for someone with an unpredictable calendar.
- All of the teachers involved have been teaching and mentoring successfully for many years. Core staff includes Sam Breschi and Catherine Zack. We are supported by Brittanie DeChino, Cory Bryant, Debra Mishalove and Flow's Senior Teachers.
Cost: $3,250 (payment plan, 5 monthly payments of $650 each) or $3,100 (pay in full).
In addition, you'll need to purchase 5 books at an estimated cost of $90.
If qualified, Military spouse below 0-2 pay grade can receive full funding for Flow's teacher training under McCAA.
After completing our 200-hour training, you will receive a certificate making you eligible to register for national registration with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the coursework you will be prepared to teach beginner to intermediate level classes.
Dates, Format & Requirements
- Flow offers two options to complete the 200-hour program: A three-month Spring Intensive and a five-month Fall/Winter Immersion.
- Through asana, pranayama, meditation, self-inquiry, group discussion and study of sacred texts you will develop your personal practice and find your voice and confidence as a teacher.
- Trainings consist of more than 200-hours of content.
- The Teacher Training Application must be completed to be considered for acceptance and participation in the program.
- Participants are encouraged to have a 2-year minimum yoga practice.
- Your commitment to the program and the process is essential.
2018 Spring teacher training
Our spring dates are coming soon... be the first to learn & apply
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL 2017-WINTER 2018 DATES
Our Fall program is filled! Stay tuned for Spring 2018 dates - coming soon!
Friday September 29, 2017 - Orientation - 4:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday September 30, 2017
Sunday October 1, 2017
Saturday October 7, 2017
Sunday October 8, 2017
Monday October 9, 2017 *Columbus Day* - 9:00am-5:00pm
Saturday October 14, 2017
Sunday October 15, 2017
Saturday October 21, 2017
Sunday October 22, 2017 - 10:30am-6:30pm
Saturday November 4, 2017
Sunday November 5, 2017
Friday November 10, 2017 *Veteran's Day* 9:00am-5:00pm
Saturday November 11, 2017
Sunday November 12, 2017
Saturday November 18, 2017
Sunday November 19, 2017
Saturday December 9, 2017
Sunday December 10, 2017
Saturday January 6, 2018
Sunday January 7, 2018
Saturday January 13, 2018
Sunday January 14, 2018
Monday January 15, 2018 *MLK Day* 9:00am-5:00pm