At its roots, Karma Yoga is about offering service to others. At Flow, this spirit of service is shared – your service ensures our studio runs smoothly, makes our guests feel welcomed and cared-for, and allows Flow to be a true oasis in people’s daily lives. In turn, we aim to serve you, your health, your happiness – esp. through free and unlimited yoga, and a warm, fun and supportive community.
What you (are asked to) give...
What you receive...
Inspired by a love of people and a love of yoga, Flow's managers serve as our lead community care-givers! They create the warm, welcoming, gracious presence at Flow's front desk, ensure that all of Flow's guests and staff are well cared for, and see to it that all operations run smoothly.
What Flow managers bring to the table...
- one month (minimum) work experience at Flow Yoga Center as an active member of our Karma Yoga community (see above)
- a passion for yoga and a regular yoga practice
- ability to make a 6-month commitment (minimum) to cover a regularly-scheduled weekly shift - typically, Mon-Fri: 5:30-9:45pm or Sat/Sun: 8am-2pm or 2-8pm
- sufficient schedule flexibility to substitute 1-2 shifts per month (at the times listed above) when a fellow manager can’t cover a scheduled shift.
- possession of the following personal qualities: a warm/sunny disposition, self-starter, reliable, punctual, poised, patient, kind, highly organized, efficient, comfortable multi-tasking, strong communication skills (verbal and written) and great attention to detail
- past experience managing people and/or a yoga studio and serving customers in a bustling retail-oriented atmosphere (preferred but not required)
- proficiency with MindBody Online and all things Google (preferred but not required)
PAY AND BENEFITS
- starting hourly pay = $15/hour
- unlimited classes at Flow (good for any of our 90+ classes/week - not including Mysore)
- 15% discounts on all regularly-priced workshops led by Flow teachers & some special guests
- 20% discounts on regularly-priced items in our eco-tique, Glow!
- health insurance (for managers serving 30+ hours/week)
- paid time off and a 401k retirement plan (for managers serving 20+ hours/week)
- participation in social and educational events (for the Flow staff family)
- a relaxed and uplifting work environment (e.g. no shoes necessary, committed yogi/yogini work colleagues, work that brightens our world – one human being at a time)