Flow's Fall Festival
Please join us to celebrate Fall, connect with community and enjoy delicious snacks & good company. RSVP below to let us know you are joining us --- and to enter our raffles.
We will be giving away lots of goodies including memberships, yoga mats and more plus at 6pm we will host a panel titled "Everything You Wanted to Know About Yoga But Were Afraid To Ask" moderated by our teachers!
Raffle & Door prizes from Blue Mercury, EatWellDC (aka Logan Tavern and sister locations), The Nail Saloon, Manduka, LuluLemon, Anne Samit's Book, Unfold Your Mat, Unfold Yourself, Zengo Cycling and more!
Teacher Panel -- 6-7pm
Moderator: Laura Zam, Panel Teachers: Jonathan Ewing, Ayelet Krieger, Jen Rene, Brittanie DeChino, Caroline Weaver, Clare Kelly
Keep the questions coming..here are some that you sent in, and of course there will be time to ask them live during the event too!
- What is the most important thing you've learned from practicing?
- How do you prepare for a yoga class? What are thee steps to planning a solid class?
- How do you zone out during savasana?
- How do you "read" your class as you're teaching?
- Is it unhealthy to feel competitive/inadequate when doing yoga in a class? I usual try to stay really centered and focused, but it kinda feels like the advantage of a class is to see other people and push yourself to be as "good" as they are.
- Do you find that there is a problem with wrongful intention in the yoga community? How do you foster an intentional community?
- Can Yoga cause damage to muscles and bones?
- In the warrior poses, what aspect is most important (or integral to the pose)? For example, in warrior 1, should I be more concerned with whether my hips are square to the front of my mat or whether my feet are properly aligned?
- What do you recommend for yoga-related injury prevention?
- Sometimes I have heard teachers speak of certain poses helping to get rid of "toxins" or to aid in "detoxing." What does this mean? Is it a metaphor?
- What is the best benefit yoga has brought to your life?
- When did ritual become a commodity. Is self realization and spirituality for sale?
- Did you ever doubt you would be a good yoga instructor?
- What do you think about yoga + social media?
- How many calories typically are burned in a flow class?