Our 200-hour teacher training is recognized throughout the community for its excellence. Led by Flow teachers, including Cory Bryant, Debra Mishalove, Catherine Zack, Brittanie DeChino & Sam Breschi, we welcome you to learn more and fill out an application.
Flow's training is an unparalleled experience and recognized & respected throughout the area and beyond. Our alumni can be found happily teaching at Flow and studios spanning the globe, working at spas, gyms, corporations and non-profit organizations, offering private one-one instruction and four have opened their own successful studios! We are proud of the celebrated reputation of our training and invite you hear directly from our graduates to give you an insider's view on their experiences.
Flow's training is transformative. There is a powerful focus on your personal development weaved throughout the experience that will give you a strong foundation, inspiration and clarity of what it means to show up fully and confidently in your own life and as a teacher. From mentorship, to opportunities to assist in Flow's classes, to meaningful relationships and a deep exploration of the full spectrum of yoga from its origins in India to its evolution into our modern urban lives- you will graduate fully prepared & supported! During the training you will using the lens of your own life and experience as the foundation for understanding yoga and taking the seat of the teacher. We will explore and integrate:
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, and meditation; applied anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body.
- History and philosophy of yoga through study of ancient yoga texts.
- Intensives including Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Bhakti, Ethics, Restorative, Pre-Natal, Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assists, Study Groups
Our curriculum is registered through the Yoga Alliance and exceeds their standards providing you with the most comprehensive and hands on training we know.
- Unlike many training programs, at Flow, the entire curriculum is presented by Flow's Senior Teaching Team. While we will occasionally include an outside special guest for an elective, we believe at the core of an excellent program is the ability to develop a personal relationship with your teachers who know your name, see you on a regular basis and care about your development and progress on the teaching path.
- The training curriculum builds intelligently week by week The curriculum has developed over twelve years with a sense of professionalism so that your investment is respected and honored. You will experience an offering filled with heart, soul and integrity.
- The majority of our training sessions include 2-3 lead teachers and assistants in the room to help deepen the experience.
- The pillars of our training are rooted in three main areas of study including personal development, teaching practicums and the body of yoga that cohesively flow together to present a unified & comprehensive program.
- All graduates have the option to assist in our popular public classes, mentor with our teachers and teach our weekly community class.
- We offer a flexible training schedule, which is perfect for someone with an unpredictable calendar.
- All of the teachers involved have been teaching and mentoring successfully for over fifteen years. Core staff includes Debra Mishalove, Brittanie Dechino, Cory Bryant and we are supported by Leah Kalinosky, Mimi Rieger, Aqeel Yassen, Greg Marzullo and Joan Wadopian, Catherine Zack, Sam Breschi and other Flow Senior Teachers.
Cost: $3,250 (payment plan, 5 monthly payments of $650 each) or $3,100 (pay in full).
In addition, you'll need to purchase 5 books at an estimated cost of $90.
If qualified, Military spouse below 0-2 pay grade can receive full funding for Flow's teacher training under McCAA.
After completing our 200-hour training, you will receive a certificate making you eligible to register for national registration with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the coursework you will be prepared to teach beginner to intermediate level classes.
Dates, Format & Requirements
- Flow offers two options to complete the 200-hour program: A two-month Spring Intensive and a six-month Fall/Winter Immersion.
- Through asana, pranayama, meditation, self-inquiry, group discussion and study of sacred texts you will develop your personal practice and find your voice and confidence as a teacher.
- Trainings consist of more than 200-hours of content.
- The Teacher Training Application must be completed to be considered for acceptance and participation in the program.
- Participants are encouraged to have a 2-year minimum yoga practice.
- Your commitment to the program and the process is essential.
Fall Training 2016
Our Fall Application is below. We welcome you to apply! You can also feel free to reach out if you have any questions about our program. Please do not submit any payment with your application until you receive our response. If you do not hear from us by September 1, please email email@example.com.
Saturdays & Sundays
10:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.